Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

30 Days of Creativity - Day 6

I am in the middle of a wonderful 30 day journey of Creativity (see details here) and today is DAY 6!


Today I am sharing some of my stained glass mosaic with you - it feels really, REALLY good to be working with glass again (I took a mini vacation from it when I discovered scrapbooking NINE years ago) and it is my first love.  I created this 8x8 inch picture frame in one night - sitting on my TV room floor, surrounded by plastic cups full of glass pieces and listening to five episodes of CSI in a row... it was a truly wonderful experience.
The end result is rustic, but bright and cheerful and reminds me of a lot of the mosaic work I see in Mexico... I am looking forward to making more pieces using this simple glass technique.

PS:  I am giving a SHOUT OUT to this amazing glass artist - Julie McKee whose piece below gave me the inspiration...
 Thanks for stopping by to share... are you tempted yet to start your own 30-day journey?... Smile
Scrapbook Lynne





4 comments:

  1. CSI and art - 2 of my faves! This is so beautiful - you have hidden talents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Susie... this "30 days of creativity" Challenge is really getting down into the deepest parts of my creative soul! (but that's the idea, isn' it... SMILE)

      Delete
    2. Been following you for quite a while, but not a commenter...(shame), but I love your art, and love how you challenged yourself for the 30 days! I envy you! This is a beautiful piece, but boy did it click when you said you gave up glass for paper! That's me too, and I also miss it. Thanks for the encouragement...Keep up inspiring us, even when we don't comment. hugs

      Delete
    3. Dear Gerrie - I cannot tell you how much your comment meant to me this morning... sometimes you wonder if there is anyone out there and if they are really interested in what you are doing... but then again... I wanted a forum to be able to express myself.. WITHOUT INTERRUPTION! Grin... I waited a loooong time to be able to "touch glass" again and it truly is Good for the Soul... so don't give up... I'm sure your time will come! I LOVE that you have been following me for quite a while... If you e-mail me your address I will make sure you get one of my Christmas Cards this year (smile)... scrapbooklynne(at)hotmail(dot)com

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.