Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "D" is for Day Of The DEAD!

This week the challenge over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is "D" is for Day of the Dead...

So what in the heck is Day of the Dead?? Well I looked it up and it is a two-day event celebrated mostly in Mexico and Central America on November 1st and 2nd, where it incorporates All Saints' Day and the tradition of honoring your relatives that have passed on. COOL!  So celebrating death and honoring our past... doesn't that mean ZOMBIES?!  Here are the TWO cards I created both using Vera Lane Studios "Quirky Zombie Couple" images!

I created my own Zombie Skin formula with my Copic markers to get just that correct shade of greeny/yellow that I imagine rotting skin has... and I am sharing with all of you Here: Use YG93 and YG61 for the shadows,  YG91 for the overall skin tone and blend everying with a light coating of  YG21 to add that sickly yellow/green hue...
But seriously... a Zombie couple with a Zombie Cat... how cool is THAT?!

So come on down and join us at the Sisterhood for the "D" is for Day of the Dead Challenge... you have until Friday, October 28th at 11:59 pm to link up, and we always pick our favorites to be the Queen of Snark and Her Princesses!

Lynne Mizera
for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers

8 comments:

  1. Totally love these two beauties! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with your zombie cats! Two brilliant cards
    Jane
    PS if another comment from me turns up, delete it, my PC threw a wobbly mid-comment so I don't know whether it went through

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute... again... I need these creepy kids in my collection-- though I'm not such a colorer like you!
    I love your blog picture-- so cute!
    Also, yes, I love Dio de los Muertos-- the concept has always appealed to me... maybe I'm a little morbid, but also very secretly sentimental.And I am so attracted to the bright colors and skeleteons... it's definitely the coolest holiday that exists...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Oh Oh how do you continue to create these amazing pieces??
    I bow down to your awesomeness sistah!
    I love LOVE freakin LOVE the sentiment on that first card, I think I may use it in my everyday life from now on
    xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh zombie cats and dogs Both cards are awesome and I love them both, love the sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun cards Lynne! I really like the drop dead gorgeous one, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both SO good, Lynne! To think some sistahs actually researched before they made their cards, hahahaha. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get out! Not only zombies, but zombie cats too?!!! These cards are, as always, amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.