Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - "W" is for Watercolor

Happy Day everyone and can you believe that we are just days away from Halloween???  Every single person I have talked to this month has said the same thing... "WHERE did this year go?!"  But ooops, I digress....

Today, over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers we have a Watercolor challenge and did I ever have fun with this one!!
I spent all day playing with my Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders (which are similar to Brushos or Ken Oliver's Color Bursts). I used mixed media paper with a vellum finish and lots of water
wetting the paper before sprinkling on the powder and spraying more water on the paper after adding the powder, watching everything swirl and blend.

I used my trusty heat gun to dry right away the effects I wanted to keep
but allowed others to mix and swirl and soften as they dried on their own.  These are just a few of the amazing backgrounds I created... 

And then for something slightly different I stamped and heat embossed in white enamel overtop of some of the brightest pieces to create this lovely lacey look...
I used these backgrounds as backdrops for just a few of my favorite Unity Stamps' "Lovely Ladies" and created all these cards...
and since I could not choose just one I have decided to share them all...
Unity Stamp: Blooming Rebecca Girl 
Angela Blom/Unity Stamp: Adaline Girl
Angela Blom/Unity Stamp: Mila Girl
Angela Blom/Unity Stamp: Blooming Rebecca Girl
Phyllis Harris/Unity Stamp: Face the Sunshine"
Do pop on over to the Snarky Stampers' Blog to see what the Sisterhood has created for this challenge and we would love if shared your watercolored-creation with us.  You have until Friday, November 11th to link up and we always pick a Queen of Snark and her Princesses!

And "Happy Halloween Everyone!!"
from Lynne Mizera
for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers

27 comments:

  1. What an amazing selection you've created, Lynne! You are one seriously talented lady, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Lynne. Obviously you were having so much fun you just could. not. stop. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Win these powders are so much fun you are right! I could not stop. I would LOVE you to come over and help me plaaaay! Smile

      Delete
  3. Amazing collection, I wouldn't be able to pick one to showcase either. they are a fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards, I love powdered pigments also! And Unity stamps are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, the comment AND the visit!! And I Agree... UNITY Stamps ARE the best... do come again soon! (smile)

      Delete
  5. These are wonderful!!! Glad you couldn't choose!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Thank YOU Very-Inky-Fingers... Grin (BTW - LOVE your handle!) I was a wee bit leery about Over sharing so thanks for letting me know that You WANTED to see them all... grin. Please do Come Again SOOON!

      Delete
  6. WOW WOW WOW WOW
    Sistah these are all perfectly awesome in their own beautiful way
    I don't know how you do it...but I'm awfully glad you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine - Baby - Lots Of Wine! Grin... breaks through all the creative barriers and makes the Mean Girl Voice Drunk... Ha!Ha!

      Delete
  7. I see fabulous backgrounds for some jewelry bezels....we do need to play together-soon! Awesome stuff my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call Me ANY TIME Girl! Did you know that Hubby is working out of town now Monday to Friday? I am alone all week - (You can totally save me from drinking my wine all alone- Grin)

      Delete
  8. YOWZA!!! so many AMAZING backgrounds, you went to town for sure!!! so happy to be "queen of snark" this fortnight! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren... Thanks for stopping by... and you ROCKED the Queen position... Like you were born to it! Grin

      Delete
  9. Stunning cards. Loving the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to stop at just one card when the watercolour powders come out, isn't it? Wow, Lynne, these are just awesome! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome. Just. Totally. Awesome.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colouring skills never cease to amaze me, Sistah ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab cards, Lynne! Awesome, yummyummy backgrounds and such lovely stamps, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Soooo much Bibi! I am so glad you popped in today, (hugs)

      Delete
  14. Those are absolutely stunning. I got my first bloom girl at Crop and Create.. Vicki girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Have Met Vicki! I did two days of classes with her and Leica Forrest in Saskatchwan way back in 2010!! Grin Small world isn't it? Thanks for the compliment Chelle!

      Delete
  15. Holy Crow! Those panels look so pretty, and all those cards you made with them are stunning!! I swear I need to tie some cord around my head to keep my jaw from dropping in my lap, every time I visit your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh GIRL - how you make me squirm in my chair with that heartfelt compliment (you know us Canadian's are low key...grin) THANK YOU! and I can't wait to see what you do with YOUR powders... How I wish we lived closer together!!

      Delete
  16. WOW gorgeous....thanks for the explanation on how you used the Pigment Powders.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.