Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

My Little Boxes of Happy...

Hello and Happy Halloween everyone!  today is the day for my second mixed media project for the Susan Weckesser Creative Team and instead of going traditional Halloween-y I thought I would share this little idea that has been germinating in my brain for about two years now and chose today to be birthed.  I am calling these My Little Boxes of Happy!

The size of an old-fashioned match box, the outside is already a wee jewelled gift...but when you slide back the cover a complete three-dimensional scene is revealed that just makes you smile... hence My Little Boxes of Happy!
I used the Sizzix Bigz-L Die #659447: Tim Holtz Alterations Matchbox and Susan Weckesser's Live in Color paper line to create the matchboxes.

Susan's paper worked like a dream because it is so much heavier than regular card stock, and a bit of Sook Wang double sided tape holds everything in place.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Remember to stamp background images BEFORE assembling the matchbox.

Susan's stamps are the perfect size for creating these tiny, 1.75"x2.25" diorama's I needed, which I stamped and painted using my new Peerless watercolors  
Another Note: I will be creating a new blog post in November all about these wonderful bits of dye-infused paper.
And when these images were embellished using Ranger's Stickles and Close To My Heart's Liquid Glass, they ended up looking like jewels and made spectacular backgrounds. 

I assembled my wee diorama outside the box on a piece of heavy cardstock, using foam pop dots and Beacon 3in1 glue, and then popped the completed scene into the box base using more Sooke Wang tape to hold it all in place.

A delightful little surprise and so gift-worthy, don't you think?  So thanks for popping in today to see what I am up to .... and as a Special Thanks to YOU my loyal followers... if you send me an email request with your street address (see contact box above) I will send you some matchbox cut-outs so you can create and assemble your own Little Boxes of Happy! 


Lynne Mizera
for the Susan Weckesser Creative Team
 
Susan K. Wecckesser/Unity Stamp Sets I used:
Going Wild
Journal Doodles With A Heart
Granma's Needlepoint
In Circle Me
Create Your Day

Other Susan K. Weckesser Products I used:
Live In Colour Paper Line
ColorBox Mini Pop Inks

And the Rest:
Sizzix BigzL Die#659447
Peerless Watercolors
Sook Wang Tape
Rangers Stickles
Close To My Heart Liquid Glass
Foam Pop Dots
Beacon 3in1 Adhesive
 

6 comments:

  1. These look magical, Lynne, with the stickles and liquid glass! They must be so tiny! I bet you needed to use your reading glasses while working on these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh! I love these!!! I agree.. they are magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous Lynne!!!!! I love them!!!! hugs, patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure delight Lynne - what a GREAT idea! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.