Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, October 2, 2016

STAMPlorations October Mixed Media Challenge

Happy October everyone! Well another month has swooshed by so fast that I think I now know what it feels like riding the Bullet train...Grin.   And this being the first Sunday of the month means that it today we start a brand new Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations, where anything goes (except a card) as long as it's mixed media and you have used a stencil.

This month I created something a wee bit different for me - I'm calling it called "Mail Art" and it's all about decorating an envelope so that it looks as good as the card that it contains...
And here is how I did it:
Start with a blank envelope and place a "sticky" in the center where you will write your address.
Using a Brayer roll some ink over top of the front of the envelope.  I used my Tsukineko Kaleidacolor ink pad in the colors Desert Heat.
With the sticky still in place I added Art Anthology Dimensional Crystal paint in Blizzard through my ARTplorations Hearts and Bubbles Stencil
I like to use this product because it allows my base colors to show through and will absorb some of that color as it dries.
Now remove your sticky and let it dry (if you forget to remove your sticky it may dry to the envelope)
After everything had dried I used my STAMPlorations Grunge Floral Strips to soften the white window space by stamping lightly across the space.
Next I taped the Shower of Flutters stencil over top and using white gesso mixed with my Dylusions spray in teal, sponged the color over top of the edges of the envelope and let this dry.
Then using my brayer I rolled a thin coat of white gesso over top of the entire envelope.
This step was pretty cool because the gesso mostly stuck to the raised bits allowing the color underneath to show through but softening everything giving the envelope a nice vintage look and feel.
Which matched the very special wedding card I created to go into this very special envelope. (and because someone will ask...smile... I created this card using only Graphic 45 papers, foam pop dots and Rangers Stickles).
Finally I used my paint pen to hand write the names of the couple for whom the card was created.
Now you can create an envelope with the same look and feel but with fewer steps using a colored envelope - in this case a pink one...
I applied my Art Anthology Dimsional Crystal paint in Red Corvette through the  Hearts and Bubbles stencil, and after it had dried I rolled white gesso over top of every thing...
... to get this look.  Pretty stunning with far fewer steps!
And personally, I think finding this sitting in my mailbox would be pretty special, Don't you?
Well that's it for me this Stencil Sunday - by why not pop on over to the STAMPlorations blog to see what the other designers created to inspire you. And consider linking up your mixed media project where you have used a stencil to the STAMPlorations October Mixed Media challenge.  The design team always select  their Top Three and there are prizes!

Prizes: $15 gift certificate OR choice of any 2 ARTplorations stencils to the winner
choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil to the top picks




Lynne Mizera
 

STAMPlorations products used for this project:
ARTplorations Stencil: Hearts and Bubbles
STAMPlorations Stamp: Grunge Floral Strips
ARTplorations Stencil: Shower of Flutters
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.