And "What is a Truth Card?" you ask. A truth card is a message from the universe that speaks directly to your soul.
You can make it for yourself or give it to someone else.
You can use any images or colors or techniques you want to in the creating - there is no wrong way to make a Truth Card. The only rule is that it must be positive, uplifting and/or empowering - No negativity here!
To create these truth cards I started with some scrap cardboard that I had covered in inky paper towels and other scrap papers. I used my Shower of Flutters stencil as a mask and a sponging tool to cover the entire card card in white gesso - so now the butterfly images were the brightest part of the cards. After that I just let my creative muse take me where ever she wanted to go!
I outlined some of my butterflies in black pen to make them pop, stamped my sentiment from the STAMPloration Bold Sentiments: Create stamp using some Ranger Archival waterproof ink...
and embellished and accented my cards using Rangers Diamond Stickles and Glossy Accents. The entire process took about 45 minutes from start to finish!
Link up your Anything-but-a-card mixed media project that uses a stencil or mask, and every month the mixed media design team vote on their favorites; there are prizes to be won! I hope my project inspires you to create a mixed media project of your own and to link up this month - come Play! (see some guidelines below)
- Your project(s) can be anything mixed media except a card (so no cards, please!).
- You must use a stencil or stencils (any brand) in your project(s).
- You can enter as many projects as you wish as long as they are in separate blog posts.
- Your project photo must be posted in full in your blog post! Please don't link up to our challenge if you're only showing a sneak peek of it (as is the case when you made it as a design team project for another company). In the same vein, please do not link up your project if it's solely to promote another company.
- You must display the challenge graphic below in your post and link back to this post (not just the main blog) in order to be eligible to win (and receive the corresponding prize).
- Link up by August 31st, 11:55 p.m. Pacific time.
- The winner (as voted by the design team) receives a $15 gift certificate OR her choice of ARTplorations stencils (either 2 standard size stencils or 1 large stencil).
- The two (2) top picks (as voted by the design team) get to pick their choice of any 1 standard size ARTplorations stencil.
As always, thank YOU for popping in to see what I am up to and please DO leave me a comment if you like what you see!
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera
for the ARTplorations Design Team
STAMPlorations products used on this project:
Other products used on this project: