Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

What's On YOur Workdesk Wednesday (WOYWW) #390

Oooh Happy Wednesday Ms. Julia Dunnit and WOYWW Deskers and everyone else!  (Go HERE to find out what WOYWW is all about and how to get in on the action!) I am so excited to type this post  today because who knew I could get this much done in one very short week... GRIN.... but FIRST ... here is my desk... seriously no staging... Can you tell?
I have been in a HUGE creative zone all week, not only meeting deadlines, but also working on about six other pieces all at the same time, just because I am in the Zone!  I am only sleeping about six hours a night and I jump out of bed with my head full of ideas that germinated as I slept, grab my coffee and race down to the studio to create more stuff!  It's a little bit scary and I keep thinking about Picasso! Has this ever happened to you?

And what's this? You ask.. well in the middle of all of this creativity I decided to attempt my first process video... I actually had to setup a THIRD six-foot table to create a clean space to film on but Iwanted to share how I made these awesome ornaments using Magenta Nuance pigment powders (they are sort of like brusho's) because everyone go so excited about these cards...


So Go HERE to see the video post (and I have to say - I'm kinda cute, Grin).  I used a very professional and complicated set up to record me - (NOT!)  My Nokia phone on selfie stick stuck in a pot jammed full of towels so it wouldn't move.  (saw it on YouTube)

Since I couldn't see what I was filming I drew a black square on the paper-covered table top to keep me in the camera, and tried to be clear and concise and professional as I explained what I was doing...Yup...NOPE!  And that is when I discovered that I cannot be in my Creative brain and my Talking brain at the same time because I think in Pictures and under stress, the words don't match the pictures in my head!


But I think I am entertaining and definitely cute and I share waaaay too much... but that is part of the entertaining bit.  Grin .... So go check it out ... it's only 8 minutes long and totally worth a visit.  I cannot wait to do another one, but BETTER.  I spent most of today creating a color system for my powders - because the color stickers keep falling off (you can see why I NEED to do this in the video)
And, as you can see it is a very simple system: I added numbers to the pots using a sharpie marker and created a color chart, looking up colors online since they are not marked on the tubs (Really Magenta?!?)  I think this is going to work just fine.
And finally in case you haven't seen my previous post, I am doing an ART giveaway on my blog - open for comments all this week - because I am feeling grateful and becasue I want to share some of my joy and gratitude with the world...Go HERE to read my post and to leave a comment if you want a chance to have one of these. 

So that's it today...except for my now mandatory photo of something wonderful in my yard...
I captured this sunset over the mountains on the Idaho, USA border through the trees in our backyard, using the camera on my Nokia Cell Phone... I LOVE THIS PHONE!   (this photo has not been altered in any way)

Happy WOYWW from 
Lynne Mizera, Mixed Media Artist
Creston, British Columbia, Canada





 
...
 

14 comments:

  1. love the cards, but don't have time to watch the video now, am meant to be getting ready for work.... your room is amazing, I may have said this before, lol! It is seriously envy-making! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your video!Love the baubles.I found some stamps at my local Newsagent's shop, and can't wait to try mine. LOVE your space. So happy for you being creative and achieving so much!
    Have a Happy rest of week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great desk and photos - LOVING that sunset too - best of luck with the video

    Happy WOYWW

    Kathyk
    No.11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recording set-up made me smile! I used to work in professional broadcasting and believe you me, some of the cameramen used to do similar things in order to get their shots! The cards are fab, bright and breezy and would be the ones I'd buy in the shop!
    Hugs, LLJ 12 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning photos of the sunset and gorgeous cards. Well done with creating your own teaching video.... very clever and creative.
    sandra de @25

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I watched your video the first time there was something wrong with my speakers and I couldn't hear your voice clearly - now I did - you're right you're kinda cute and it's clear to hear how enthusiastic you are! Love your genius camera setup! I've looked into the Magentas and was happy to see that they are available in the UK. They sound great being acrylic - I'm so fed up with the other inks and powders being non-permanent. I'll defo give these a go and perhaps turn them into ink sprays - or even make alcohol inks from them! Loving your ATCs - will check out your post! Amazing sunset! I do love sunsets and sunrises so much - much better than sunshine LOL! Have a wonderful week, Lynne! zsuzsa #22

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynne, love your post. the scenic photo is amazing, what a view! Gorgeous cards, and I will be checking out your You Tube video. I download them onto my tablet, then watch some at night before I go to sleep.Love the Magenta colours, like you shocked Magenta don't label them What were they thinking? Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #9 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow lots of beautiful work! You have been SO busy. Love the sunset. Gorgeous.

    happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #37

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now Lynne that is what I call innovation! I just love your camera tripod!!! Creative gals sure know how to help themselves. Love your space ... it's alwys so tidy!! And your cards rock!
    Happy WOYWW
    Michelle #6

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lynne, so much going on there. This is such a great place to work and lots of lovely stuff going on there. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x 18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! You did it! Your first video!! I am also thinking of doing a video or two, and if I do was well as you did I will be happy! The technique you showed is beautiful - I wish I had those paints! I pinned your "tripod - just to remind me that I don't need all the fancy stuff! Thank you! Lindart #41



    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Belated WOYWW. Firstly, I ended up getting stuck on YouTube watching videos after watching your's! Your videos were great. Really clear and entertaining. I definitely want to try that technique. Going to see if I can afford some of the powders this month. Ali x #32

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Lynne, I'm a bit late in visiting but grabbing the chance while I can. Great post - most entertaining. Congratulations on making your first video. Your cards are lovely and the photo from your garden is simply stunning. Off to watch your video now. Have a wonderful weekend. Elizabeth x #35

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynne, boy did I enjoy stopping by your desk!! Some much going on in your creative space! I love it all!! Have a great week! Ginny M #17

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.