Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Friday, July 7, 2017

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - "K" Is For KIds!

Hello and Happy Weekend everyone!  Today there is a brand new challenge starting at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and for this one Edna says "K" is for Kids! 
Now Kids say so many things that Make me PEE My Pants laughing, that it was hard to narrow it down to just one... but here is what I created using two stamps from my collection from the Unity Stamp Company: Suzi Blu's LaLaLa Girl, and Tiffany DeGough's Canvas Wishes.
That lovely background was created by stamping & heat embossing that wonderful, giant flower stamp onto my cardstock using Stampendous opaque white embossing powder and then sprinkling my Magenta Nuance pigment powders over top and spraying with water, LOTS of water! (Go HERE to see my tutorial on this particular technique.)
I used my Copic markers to color in Ms. LaLaLa and don't ask me what colors I used because I have them ALL and I just don't pay attention to what I am using when I am in the coloring zone!
I love Suzi Blu's stamps and this is one of my very favorites.  Plus I think that one little tear matches up perfectly with that quote, don't you?
I have no idea what stamp this quote is because I found it in my dear friend's art room when I was visiting her in Texas in 2015.  I filled one entire art journal with impressions from her fabulous stamp collection, and this was one of them!
Here is a snap of me (on the right) and my wonderful friend from that trip... happy sigh
Of course for me no card is quite finished until I add a layer of Ranger's Stickles and Glossy Accents.
So that's my offering today, I hope it inspires you to go create something funny or sassy or snarky and join us for this challenge, you have until July 21st at midnight to link up and we always choose a Queen of Snark and her Princesses!  And don't forget to pop over to the Sisterhood Blog to see what my Snarky Sisters have created, they always make me laugh out loud!

Thanks for popping by today to see what I am up to and please do leave me a comment if you like what your are seeing!!

Lynne Mizera
for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
 
Products Used on this project:
Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders
Ranger Archival Ink, Stickles and Glossy Accents
Stampendous White Opaque Embossing Powder
Unity Stamps LaLaLa Girl & Canvas Wishes

21 comments:

  1. FAB-ulous card, sistah! Always love Suzi Blu images, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that background! And how you colored up that girl! And that sentiment! Snarky perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artsy background and adorable stamp, Lynne! The sentiment is a total crack up, too. Love it! Thanks so much for letting me join you at the Sisterhood this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOur creations always amaze me Ms. Donna - So glad you are here!!

      Delete
  4. So bright and colorful... love this one! Never seen those Nuance powders... intrigued. I have Color Bursts... same thing essentially? I'll go look it up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi... and yes, Nuance are pigment powders from Magenta (a Canadian Company) similar to color bursts.

      Delete
  5. What a deliciously gorgeous project, and I LOVE the quote. I'm definitely going to use that one the next time my kids try to ground me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!Ha! Ha! Thank you Win... and Yes, these words totally resonated with me also... I can just hear the suprised and disappointed tone in her voice as she wails... Can't you?!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card, you've persuaded me to really get stuck in and make some backgrounds with crystals now, And I see where you're coming from with the colouring, I'm always amazed when I see a blog post and there are about 150 reference numbers of copics listed - how the heck do they do that, they must stop and write every one down as they go. What happens if they decide they don't like one and decide to colour over it?
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane We are SOOOO alike! Grin Thank you for the comment... And I am so glad I have finally convinced you to try pigment powders.. they are so much fun... and about copic coloring... How can I be creative if I have to keep interrupting the flow by stopping to write down every single color??? (grin)

      Delete
  7. Beautifully done. love your background (mine never look that good) love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! And I don't think you give yourself enough credit! I love your work!

      Delete
  8. I love the card and the technique. I have similar quote stamps and I believe they are inkadinkadoo.. I got mine at Michaels and are wood mounted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks for the tip Chelle - because I totally want to order these!!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful!!!! Gorgeous background and the suzi blu girl really is perfect with the sentiment. (And I'm with Chelle, I bet it's Inkadinkado...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey! I thought so tooooo... Smile...(that she was perfect!)

      Delete
  10. Very fun and arty. I need to come play on your art room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loves it!
    Reminds me of my co-workers 5 year old who recently declared to her father the following things:
    "You are NOT the boss of this city"
    and
    "You are the MOST wrong person in the world"
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lordy I love this it's so cute and it sounds just like my granddaughters...great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.