Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Friday, May 27, 2016

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - "N" is for NOT a Card

Happy Day everyone!  I cannot wait to share my latest project with you today, created for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers 60th Challenge: "N" is for Not a Card...
I must say that making this was the most fun I have had in a very long time!  And as I was making it there were so many ideas for variations on the theme flooding into my brain that I actually had to go walk outside to calm down my creative self!
The idea to add faces peeking out of the windows came to me early on in the process... but the idea of adding ME peeking out came to me when I had only one empty window left to fill.  And of course, why limit "me" to just a face when I could add my entire figure?
And after adding myself to this project the house took on an entirely different kind of energy and has now become my own personal and empowering charm that I will be looking at all year long to remind myself of what I want to remind myself about (smile).
I cannot stop adding little personal items to this wee house that have meaning only to me.  I want to make MORE and MORE of them, each one in the image of a person I Love or Admire.
You will want to stay tuned to see more of these wonderful little creations - so please do come back to visit! Grin
Now for those of you that want to know, I used the Sizzix BIGZ XL Die #660992, Village Dwelling to make my house.  Please check out the Canadian on-line store Stitch in the Ditch for some of the best Sizzix die selections and pricing I have found anywhere for Canadians. (and NO I am not being paid to say this! Smile).  I used Creative Scrapbooker's Super Stock to create the base house and painted it with my Silks Acrylic Glazes.  The roof was created from my old Harmonie tiles (another defunct Canadian company, sigh) but I have quite a collection and I am so happy I found this perfect use for them.  The images in the windows came my Graphic 45 Renaissance collection, the  first Graphic 45 paper I purchased and which I have been Hoarding! And then I just added everything and anything that appealed to me.  That's all I am sharing for now, except that this wee house has come to mean more to me than even I could have foreseen.  
Now please do pop on over to the Sisterhood to see what my design team mates have created for the "N" is Not A Card" challenge and please do consider linking up one of your own projects for this challenge.  You have until June 10th and we always pick a Queen of Snark and a Princess to serve her!

And just because it is so stinking CUTE (grin) I am linking this project up the following challenges:  

613 Avenue Create Challenge #178 - Anything Goes  

Crafting With an Attitude Challenge #15 - Always Anything Goes

Sassy Studio Designs DTBST #335 - Anything But A Card

As always, thanks for popping by and please do leave me a comment if you like what you see!

Scrapbooking Artist Lynne Mizera
for The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers

25 comments:

  1. Cool. Love the mosaic roof. I can imagine you sticking more things onto this. So sweet. Hugz and belated birthday wishes. HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend, for the comment and the bithday wishes... it was a wonderful day from beginning to end, and I actully got to work on this house the entire morning - which made this wee little creation even MORE special!

      Delete
  2. This is amazing! You are very talented. Love that it's become so much more meaningful to you and that you'll add more to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa... I cannot remember the last time I had this much fun making something (and I ALWAYS have fun!)

      Delete
  3. This wee house is just so amazing! LOVE the mosaic tiled roof, the use of the G45 papers, and of course YOUR photos added. I love that this became so much more meaningful to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaw, thanks Chris! For the past two years I have been working on creating empowering an uplifting tags and cards and canvases but THIS takes it to a whole new leve, don't you think?

      Delete
  4. My goodness me, Lynne - this is SO cool and beautiful and fun and clever!!! LOVE your house and its many nice details. I can really understand that this was fun to make. Thank you for the inspiration! May you have lots of fun-tastic birthdays in your dream home :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Bibi, thank you for the lovely comment ... To inspire and motivate is why I started this blog in the first place (well also because I wanted a place where I could share my thoughts without being interrupted... Grin). PS: I just LOVE your stamps and I am off to play with them all day today...smile

      Delete
  5. Wow, Lynne - this is just brilliant! I love that you've made your little cottage so personal too. Back to the drawing board for me... :)) Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo... Super fun to do and I am trying to come up with a way we cAn all do this together, virtually!!

      Delete
  6. Cool little house :) the roof is really pretty and realistic looking. What a fun project! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shel... I am looking forward to the day you can come to my dream house and PLAY... Grin

      Delete
  7. Awesome little cottage, all the details, the roof, windows and just about anything on it. fabulous project.!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara... As I started going through my stash to find elements to use as decorations for this I realized that I have been collecting and saving stuff for these wee house my entire life!! No really, you should see the drawers full of wee objects that I have been collecting for years... I feel like I have found my thing...grin.

      Delete
  8. This is totally awesome Lynne! I know that feeling when you get so excited you need to take a break just to calm yourself down, otherwise you would explode with creative energy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaah, If anyone could understand it would be YOU dear friend! I am still vibrating with creative excitement and last night I dreamed about a long line of houses, each one individual and unique, full of empowering and inspirational energy. I will be making more of these for sure!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hello Shelby, and THANK YOU for joining my blog!! ((Hugs)) your Sisterhood of the Muse really resonates with me and I am off to explore your blog and learn more about it...smile. Just reading your blog description got me all giddy and excited because you put into words EXACTLY how I feel. It is like I am being put in touch with other people out there who think and feel as I do, people who want to share our joy in life through our creativity and Raise the Positive Energy!

      Delete
  10. I liked it on the blog, but love it now that I can see all the amazing details, angles and additions! What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lindsey, you make me Blush! I just HAVE to figure out a way we can all do one of these together .... VIRTUALLY!

      Delete
  11. Awesome little cottage, it looks like you're welcoming guests.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maarit! And anyone that has metme KNOWS that is exactly what I am doing! I love having gatherings of friends over to feed and play with - I call my studio the PLAYROOM!

      Delete
  12. This is SOOOOO cool, Lynne! I love the idea of having your own little village of houses, each with a different meaning. It could be like a Christmas village but for the craft room. I enjoyed this post so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca - I Know RIGHT?! And I saw your brand new studio space reveal - so I KNOW that your sapce is just Crying out for some of these... GRIN... but BE CAREFUL... I have already made a second one and the number of IDEAS that are going through my head right now is CRAZY! (She says grinning like a fool)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.