Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Exploring An Art Journal Page

Hello all you AWESOME blog followers (hugs) I cannot believe it is already November 4th, can you?!  Today is my first post in November for the Susan K. Weckesser design team and our theme this month is "Exploring Our Backyard" and we will be using our Art Journals to share with you what we have discovered.  This really resonates with me because I want to share with you something near and dear to my heart: How I use my Art Journal and What it means to me.  Here is my completed page:

This was a week-long Art Journey with many, many layers, and lots and lots of soul searching was done and emotional connections were made while I was working on this page...

Now when I am working in my Art Journal I try to allow myself total free expression with no final outcome in mind and not worrying about making "pretty pictures".  What I want to do is allow my ART SOUL to fly free, so I do whatever comes into my mind at the time, with whatever product or color I want to  use without ever stopping to THINK or to QUESTION myself.  Taking all the pressure off myself to "make something pretty" or to achieve a final outcome allows my Art Soul to fly free and allows me to really explore Who I Am as an Artist, a Crafter, a Woman, a Beautiful Soul, a Child of God, a Human Being Residing on this Earth... See what I mean? (smile) there are No Limits to who I am when I take all the limits off myself!  

Here is my photo-heavy tutorial that will allow you to follow my process from a blank journal page to this amazing finished work that is not only beautiful but also has so much more meaning for me because of all the emotional connections made while I was working on it. Note: I started with a page in my Art Journal upon which I had already cleaned my brushes and used up product left over from other projects - this is a really good way to use up excess Expensive Stuff. 
At this point I went in with my Ranger Stickles and Liquid Pearl and used them like paint pens...



And then I pulled out all my pens (gel, paint, etc.) and used them to enhance colors and pull out details and add doodles and line details that were pleasing to me...

And by taking off of myself all the pressure to make a "Pretty Picture" or to copy someone else's "pretty picture" I ended up with something I would be proud to hang on my wall.  To me THIS is what Art Journaling is all about... Smile.


Thanks for popping by today and please do leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing.

Lynne Mizera

Products used on this project:

Susan K. Weckesser/Unity Stamps "Sail Away" and "Journal Doodles with a Heart"

Close to my Heart Liquid Glass
Derwent Inktense Blocks 
Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint
Idea-ology Tissue Wrap - Composer
Ranger Archival Ink, Stickles and Liquid Pearls
Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pens
Sharpie Black Ultra Fine Point
UniBall Signo White Gel Pen

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours in this, Lynne! I have a couple of these spiral bound journals - don't you just love the way the paint gathers on the metal bits? Is this a new template for your blog? The content column shifted to the left when it should be in the middle, but you're probably aware of that already. I like the wood for the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, it's back to normal now! I don't know what that was, probably just a Google glitch! A came here through your Facebook link, maybe that's what caused the problem with the layout.

      Delete
  2. Love these gorgeous warm colours and the sense of movement. Makes me want to sail away. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.