Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

CREATIVITY is ...

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. ART is knowing which ones to keep." Scott Adams

When I came across this quote about a year ago it felt like I had been hit by a meteorite and the impact knocked my inner artist right on her Butt.  Allowing yourself to make mistakes? Totally opposite to what I had been allowing myself to do up to that point.  But here I am one year later absolutely allowing myself to make mistakes and finally listening to that inner voice - obeying without hesitation - and allowing my inner artist to have free reign.  
And what is this all about?  Well I made a binder for my large stencils (the one I referred to maybe making in my April 13th post) to which I pay homage to both this quote and to the Czeck artist Mucha whose art and life have provided me with both inspiration and encouragement... Enjoy!
I started with two 12x12 pieces of cardboard onto which I mod podged book pages and scraps of music paper and then sprayed with my dylusions sprays.  Then I added the images by Mucha,

Here is the front cover before I added the quote...
which I fussy cut from a calendar that I have been saving for about six years waiting for the right project to use them on, and this was it.  

And just like the small binder I created, I allowed this binder to evolve as it would, adding and layering and splattering and doodling with only a wee bit of hesitation when I outlined those gold hearts in black marker (grin)

I painted my Prima butterflies cut from bark with gesso and then sprayed them with my dylusions and I love how they kept the texture but added little pops of bright color on my covers.  


The quote was the very last thing I added, and then I punched holes into the covers, added my binder rings and my plastic scrapbook page sleeves and had fun inserting and organizing my large stencils.
I had to add an extra two-inch strip of cardboard to each outside edge to extend the covers so they enclosed my page sleeves, but I used Beaton's 3 in1 glue and is did the job beautifully.
The end result is heavier than I thought it would be, but quite sturdy, and I think I will add a cloth strap with a velcro closure to make it just a little bit more solid.

Well that's it for now!  Thanks for stopping by today to see what I am up to, and please do leave me a comment if you like what you see, (smile).
Cheers
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera



 






  

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Lynne! Your artwork is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this! Good thing you still had that calendar ;) beautiful images for this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.