Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Reflection On "Being Grandma"...

I LOVE being a Grandma!  My grandboys are giving me the opportunity to be the Mother I "would have been" if I could do it all over again with more money, more time and more experience.  I recently had two of my grandboys for an entire week while their parents were off having a rest and it was NOTHING like back when I was raising my own children!  I had more patience and I had More Fun!  I didn't sweat the small stuff - and let's be honest, since I knew that they were eventually going home, it was a LOT easier to be patient! 
 


Today I wanted to share with you this layout of Grandson #1 all fresh and new, ready to start grade two...sigh.  He's going to be NINE in a few short weeks and it has just FLOWN by!  So I wanted to pass on this very important piece of advice to all you future Grandmas out there "DON'T WASTE A SINGLE MINUTE!!!" you have a very small window before hanging with Grandma isn't "cool" anymore so get in every single experience you can... it is so very, very SWEET!
I used myStamp Box Floating Leaves set and my watercolor paints to create this gorgeous background paper
Thanks for stopping by to look... and I would LOVE if you left me some "love" via the comment section of my blog...
Product Used in this Layout:
myStampBox Floating Leaves stamps
core 'dinations Sandables cardstock
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper String
Basic Grey Brads
Watercolor paints
Clear embossing powder
Tsuniko Gingerbread ink for edges
Tim Hotlz tiny fastener





2 comments:

  1. Great interpretation of the LCOM sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and your right on every count. I think it'll be alot easier being a grandma than a mother. Gorgeous layout and I love that string.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.