Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Come ON Over and JOIN the Party!!!

 
Yup, it's that time again.... Please come on over to the Drunken  Stamper's "LOUNGE" and join us for Happy CARDMAKING Hour!  This week's challenge is the movie Sixteen Candles or Birthdays... create a card using anything that inspires you from the movie or use the Birthday theme; take a picture and use our linky tool on the blog site to link to that specific card on your blog post.  You will be competing to win bragging rights AND the coveted "Life of the Party" Blinkie for your Blog!  Come on over and check out Our Blog to see what my team the Bahama Mama's created this week. Here's my contribution...

 it's a simple little card I created from some leftover scraps sitting on my counter after completing a truly cute grandson scrapbook page.  I didn't have one piece large enough for an entire card or even half a card but since the scraps already matched just look at what I could do with those little pieces.  To give the background interest I cut some of the strips on an angle laying the strips both horizontal and vertical.  I used a fine-tipped marker to add a little "faux" stitching to my paper strips and I used my copic markers to color this digital image I had on hand from Copic Marker Scrapbooking, which I then cut out and popped off the card to give it that little bit of something extra!   The stamped sentiment is from my favorite "go to" birthday collection by Close to my Heart as is the Liquid Glass.  For me the card is not completely finished until I have added a little Liquid Glass and Stickles for sparkle (even for a boy card!) And Taa Daa.. Here it is A quickly simple but cute birthday card for a little boy!

3 comments:

  1. Geeeez what a great way to use up scraps of DP!! Awesome card Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sparkly! Great way to use up scraps! :)
    Jen, fellow DS DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantabulous card Lynne! Way to use up those scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.