detailed my process below.
This challenge starts on the first Sunday of the month and ends on the last day of the month.
- Your project(s) can be anything mixed media except a card (so no cards, please!).
- You must use a stencil or stencils (any brand) in your project(s).
- You can enter as many projects as you wish as long as they are in separate blog posts.
- To be eligible for the prizes, you must display the challenge graphic in your post and link back to the challenge post (not just the main blog).
- Link up by the last day of the month, 11:55 p.m. Pacific (GMT-8).
|I started with a 4x6 board canvas in my stash that was already covered in paper and a very bold paint choice (grin).|
|I used these metallic embossing pastes applied through my stencil ... it dried very quickly and with a beautifuly metallic sheen.|
|Next I sprayed some 140lbs watercolor paper with my Dylusions sprays and stamped bird images in brown and teal Stayzon ink... which I then cut out. (I ended up choosing the images stamped in the brown ink.)|
|Once the embossing paste had dried I dripped some Golden Fluid acrylic paint right overtop of the canvas and let it do it's own thing (part of the letting go and trusting in the process of mixed media art)|
|Finally I softened the colors on the canvas by rubbing on and then off some brown and rust colored pigment inks overtop of my canvas and outlining the embossed feathers in black waterproof pen to make them pop.|
|I mounted the bird images to the canvas using foam pop dots and used a matte gel medium to apply this saying which I had stamped on tissue paper in brown Stayzon ink.|
|And finally, I edged the entire canvas with some black acrylic paint, applied with my finger, to finish it off. From this angle you can see all the lovely texture and it just makes me happy!|
Creative Artiste Challenge Blog: Challenge #16, Anything Mixed Media Goes
CCEE Stampers 1626 Mixed Media
As always, thank YOU for popping in to see what I am up to and please do leave me a comment if you like what you see!