Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

LOVE is in the Air at Handmade Harbour This Week...

This week at Handmade Harbour it's all about LOVE... and for today's Papercraft Party I am sharing another brand new digi (digital stamp) by Wendy called "I "HEART" U, Balloons in the Sky".
I absolutely fell in love with this image so I created two cards and this week I am going to share with you my card-making process:
First I pulled the image into a Word Document where I sized it for half my page, then I copied and pasted a second version right beside it.  I now have two digital images on one sheet of 100lbs card stock, one image I will use for the background and one I will color and cut out key elements to add to my background.
My Background
One of the things I like best about this method is that I don't have to worry about cutting out things like the balloon strings... they are already a part of the background page, so I can just cut out only the balloon and line it up on the background page.
The Key Elements
I just scribbled pastel onto the images and then used a triangular make-up sponge to blend in all that color and look what appeared...  I just love the soft look with just a hint of texture, don't you?
I cut out the clouds leaving them uncolored and added Frosted Lace and white pearl Stickles to create some lovely texture.
I then adhered the balloon elements using foam pop dots and by adding a layer of liquid glass I gave them a really shiny balloon look... 
For My second card I used the exact same process but I painted my images using Silks. The thing I LOVE about the silks paints is that no matter how many colors you use, they don't mix together to form a muddy mess, but they lay one on top of the other allowing you to see through one color to the next... Super cool!
Can you see where I layered some yellow over the pink?
On this card I used my Liquid Pearls to create some Faux Stitching around the outside edge as well as some really cool texture in the clouds. I also applied my stickles in a swirly design on the red balloon to add even more texture.

So there you are... one card in soft pastels, one  card in vibrant color - you decide. Now pop on over to the Handmade Harbour Papercraft Party this week to see what else the design team made and why not link up one of your "love" projects to be eligible to win the coveted Handmade Harbour Winner's Badge for your Blog.  And remember, if you use one of the Handmade Harbour digis on your project you will be eligible to win a digi shopping spree at the H.H. Store...
Cheers and Thanks for stopping by to see what I am up to (SMILE)
Scrapbook Lynne Mizera





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.