Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Who Said You Can't Decorate The Frame?

Happy Stencil Sunday everyone!  For today's STAMPlorations inspirational project I am sharing how I used my ARTplorations Dragon Fly Waltz stencil, some bronze embossing paste, and some Golden acrylic gold paint to quickly alter this frame for a mixed media canvas I created. 

I don't know about you, but I find it hard to frame my mixed media works, traditional framing techniques just don't look right to me along side my pieces, but I really wanted to finish off this particular project with a frame.  And as I was pondering my options a tiny voice whispered into my ear "Why not make the frame a part of the mixed media project?"  "EUREKA!" I shouted, "Who says I can't decorate the frame!!"  And that is what I did...


Now I discovered that it is very hard to take a photo of just a frame... something to do with the white balance??  So anyway here is a photo of the framed project so you can see how the frame enhanced and complimented the canvas as well as the link to an earlier TUTORIAL where I share how I created it. 



Now I hope my little stencil project inspired you and if it did please consider linking up to the May Mixed Media Challenge where it is always Anything Goes Except a Card, as long as you use a stencil, Any stencil- There are prizes!


Prizes: $15 gift certificate OR choice of any 2 ARTplorations stencils to the winner
choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil to the top picks


As always, Thanks for popping in to see what I am up to today and please do leave me a comment if you like what you are seeing!

Lynne Mizera, Mixed Media Artist
for the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team 
 
(Remember to use discount code STAMPGIRLLYNNE over at the STAMPlorations store to receive 20% off your entire order, even sale items)
 
STAMPlorations Products Used on this Project:
ARTplorations Dragon Fly Waltz
Other products used:
Stampendous Dreamweaver Bronze Metallic Embossing Paste
Golden Fluid Acrylic paint in Iridescent Bronze and Gold



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.