Please Respect My Work...

All of the cards, layouts, handmade items and art work displayed on this website are copyright to me, Lynne Mizera. Of course I hope to inspire and encourage you and would be morethan happy for you to use any of my work to that end; however, please respect me and my work and do not directly copy any of my projects without crediting me or enter any of my work into any magazines or competitions without my express written permission. All my cards, layouts, projects and art work are not to be used by any commercial enterprise for any financial, marketing or commercial gain.

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Creating A Gift From The Heart And A New Mixed Media Challenge Over At STAMPlorations

Hello and happy first Sunday of the month everyone!  Today begins a new mixed media challenge over at STAMPlorations and today is when I share with you my passion for mixed media with yet another project using my stencils.  
 
This day is fast becoming one of my favorite events of the month and I would LOVE if you wanted to share any of your own projects that my posts may have inspired.  Here is my project this month:
 
I am sharing this beautiful 5x7 mixed media canvas I created using stamps and stencils, paints and pastes and inks.
 
Beginning with a base of inky paper towels, I stamped the images onto dictionary paper and cut and pasted them to the painted canvas background.
 
Next, using both Peerless watercolors and Golden fluid acrylics (watercolors first - acrylics last) and waterproof ink pens, I accented, highlighted and outlined everything.
 
I masked my images before adding the paint and pastes to the background through stencils, and then after everything had dried, I added the sentiment using my favorite stamped tissue paper technique.  (Go HERE to see more about that technique.) 

A few final accent touches using Pebeo Cerne Relief in black, gold and copper and I am done!! 
 
So that's it for my challenge post this month.  I hope I inspired you to go play with your stencils, and if I did and you create something using your stencils, do consider linking up to this month's Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations, where it is always anything goes, except a card, as long as you use a stencil, ANY stencil.

Cheers and Happy Creating
Lynne Mizera
for STAMPlorations Mixed Media Design Team

STAMPlorations' Products Used Today:
Remember to use my personal discount code:
 STAMPGIRLLYNNE
to receive an additional 20% off your entire order, (even sale items)

STAMPlorations Helenium - Large
STAMPlorations Happy Sunflower

STAMPlorations Hope Blooms

ARTplorations - Dragonfly Waltz
ARTplorations - Dots All Over
ARTplorations - Overlap

 

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I read every one and reply when I can.